"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

Sunday, November 2, 2008

For "TÊTE-À-TÊTE" and her soulful post

When we started to get to know each other, we used to stay on the phone for hours and not realizing what time it is, day or night….

When we started to get to know each other, phone was our best friend; the kind, loyal, trustworthy, keep it all to itself and warm third party that was connecting us no matter where we were and what was happening in the world around us….

I fell in love with the phone and he used to say – almost in every conversation- that how much he salutes Mr. Graham Bell!

Then the era of totally different time zones came along…and fax became as good a friend as the phone (yes, yes…. I am from Dinosaur era when emails was started to be just an item in conversations!)…fax became even better than the phone considering the heavy burden of the phone bills…and sweeter than that was the letters and the cards that we would send to one another….fax became the method for the daily reports and letters carried the luxury of deep conversations…. Pages and pages of handwritten letters….the papers that was bringing the touch of the lover…the perfume of his soul!

It was very obvious from the beginning that I am the writer in this relationship but in all honesty, for every letter or fax that I sent, he did send one immediately in return….so many times he was the one that would send a card not in reply to mine but just because… The tone of our writings was always different. I was what he calls “the deep, soulful” writer and he was what I call “fun, silly” one!

While I used to nag that why he is so silly in his writings and why can’t he go “deeper”, I came to cherish and be unbelievably dependent to the lightness of his being, such an amazing compliment to my unbearable heaviness…..

I brought him to the world of Prophet and he took me to the world of simplicity.
I talked about all that I knew in the books and he shared with me what life is really all about.
I played for him the voice of Charles Aznavour (the frequent background voice while I was growing up) and he played for me the sweet melody of silence.
The same silence that always used to make me nervous and anxious became an ocean of wonder and peace IF it was shared with him….

By chance I heard a song: “Is Your Love Strong Enough?" by Bryan Ferry
(not a type of music that I liked or ever listened to) and for a while I used to whisper some of its verses for myself:

Just one step at a time
And closer to destiny
I knew at a glance
There’d always be a chance for me
With someone I could live for

Is your love strong enough

Like a rock in the sea?

The agony of all the physical distances between us was one of the most difficult things I ever went through in my life. It was taking all my energy, all my existence...it was eating my soul…and being such an unfair person by nature, I took it all on him. The bitterness in my voice, the anger in my writings…he was always my punching bag…the sadness now for me is that I think he also took all the blame on himself; while in all honesty there was no one to blame. That was life… that was the road that we had to go through, it was not right or wrong, correct or mistake, IT just WAS!

Years passed…I grew up so much and gained certain level of maturity and still remained as “heavy” as a lead!
His gained maturity did not touch his childish soul at all and God knows how thankful I am for this.

Life went on…the daily routine of life happened, the one that can consume you beyond belief, the one that can make your life passes by years after years and one day you open your eyes and realize you did NOT do ANYTHING and yet you DID SO MUCH!

Phone is no longer a necessity to connect us but I think both of us still reserved a soft spot in our hearts for this device.
We once in a while write letters for each other and cards are now mostly for special occasions…he leaves me quick notes here and there, one of those “post it” yellow, pink, green little squares, with funny words and smiley faces…and he does not know this but I keep every single one of them as if they are my most cherished possessions in life.

Now we do not need to talk via a device. We talk all the time…or shall I say most of the time I am the one that talks and he is the one that listens and comments here and there, and interestingly his comments are always deeper than life and more soulful than love itself…and there are those times that I fume over the fact that why he is not “talking more deeply and lengthily” and he laughs and jokes and makes funny faces and I remember what a blessing it is to have such a beautiful, innocent “depth” in being…

After the little boss came, my solo trips for my job are rare commodity. But he goes to business trips frequently and we find each other in different time zones once again…no time for lengthily chats and still those quick moments of conversations are what we enjoy so much…whether it is through quick frequent phone calls, emails- not more than a line or two- or constant text massages just to say where we are and what is happening with the life around us….

Life goes on, love changes…

I have a personality like a rock, changes do not come that easily to my doorsteps. If 20 years ago someone would have told me that “love changes”, I would have imagined that “it will be the end of my life as I know it”…today I think “life goes on, love changes and that is the most beautiful thing in the universe”…If this love is the one that “they” call it a “true love” then I have to say: any change is welcome as it only makes it more and more beautiful…It just might makes us go through HELL to cherish the result!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD GIRL!
What a love letter, even though it was not a letter. Where can I start to tell you how much I enjoyed your post?

These sentences just sank in my heart and made me think very deeply about so many issues in my life:
“That was life… that was the road that we had to go through, it was not right or wrong, correct or mistake, IT just WAS!”

“and I remember what a blessing it is to have such a beautiful, innocent “depth” in being…”

You are so correct mommy homeopath. Love do changes as life goes on. My sister always says: love even ends and sometimes it begins again, and if it does begin again then you know it is there to stay for ever no matter what.

BTW you brought Charles Aznavour to my life too you know:):):)

I mean I was curious and went through all the elements of your blog page – which by the way interesting websites you are showing there- and part of it was the selection of the songs – which are really nice- and two of them was from the Aznavour. I liked his voice, he has such a deep warm voice. So thank you for that hahhaha
Humor lover

Anonymous said...

Thank you my dearest Mommy Homeopath for such lovely mature words! You know what? when I read your memories, it helps me to go on and on...it is just like a clear mirror in which I can see my future days; it warms me...
And yes!
Life goes on, love changes…

Anonymous said...

I miss you.I miss the days that we realized that our friendship was going to be eternal.It may sound funny because it has been many times that you don't hear from me for months or years .But the one who I've loved are in my soul forever .Sometimes even I don't feel their presence actively and conciously but they a part of me forever.I'm not only myself I am a blend of myself and them.And for sure you are one of them.You brought your love and many otherthings to my life
My dear you are more than right love in any level is ageless.I miss you and our dear friends.I thank all of you for being apart of my heart.
fire

Anonymous said...

Dear Mommy Homeopath,
I am so happy that you decided to share your story with us ---- and what a story!

I always say, only people that go through the pain of LOVING can cherish the joy of it as well!
I have to say what impressed me even more than your beautiful ability to write a love story, is the maturity in your words. You mentioned few times that you aged a lot in last few years and I always get a feeling from your words that you are one of those souls that not became mature but just got connected to the already maturity of heart and soul that they had.
Be well and be always in love,
A reader

P.S.: I finally got the cold that you and Eve was talking about it for a while. It is one nasty thing!

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Hi Humor lover,
I LOVE your sister’s words. It is so true. For sure I experienced that in my life…the love that does end and sometimes it begins again---and sometimes no matter how painful it is at that moment, we realize that it did end forever and mostly later in our life we realize that IT WAS OK!

Thanks for the words about the songs. Yes C.A. has truly a warm voice. Thanks to my father, his voice was the familiar background of my childhood.
Have a happy weekend ahead of you

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Dear Parinaz,
How much I want to tell you: “Hang in there”, “it will pass”, “one day you will look at all this pain with some cherishment”…Still I know all of these words will not take the pain away…or maybe it will but only for 10 seconds!
May you see your beloved very soon – Dec is closer than you think:):):)

Mommy Homeopath: said...

My dearest “Fire”,
It is so ironic to see your footprints in this special post, considering that you are one of the very few people that witnessed me and my better half go through this whole ordeal. You, my dear sister friend, were there from the “first hello”.
So I am so happy that you put a footprint for this special post –
I know you visit a lot without a word mostly!

I miss you too my dear friend. It is ages since the first time we saw each other – both literally and figuratively:):):)

But the reality is that no matter how far away “the daily routine of life” takes us from each other and how far is the physical distance between us, you and me (and the small circle of friends that we belong to), are always with each other – in mind, heart and soul!
Always love my dear!

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Hello “a reader”,
Again you make me blush with all your warm words, what a generous heart!
I am sorry to hear about the cold. Yes this little being is a stubborn one. I am starting to think, instead of dreading it, we better just accept it and go with the flow….all the joke aside, REST is the only solution…and GOOD LUCK with REST in this day and age!
Hope you become well very soon

Anonymous said...

Hi mommy homeopath,
Can I confess here something? I read your post and through your link I read "Tete- Tete"'s post and then I envied both of you.
Is that too strange?

My story was so normal / ordinary. We were high school sweethearts, we were always together and never apart and we married and now we are together and not even a business trip!

I am not suggesting that I like pain but there is something in the pain that two lovers endure together in order to build their love, that makes the love even more beautiful, even deeper- maybe, I think!

So I am not suggesting I am masochist or anything, but I am just trying to say something in my limited ability of words that the sorrow sometimes is really good for the cherishing of the happiness after, something along the line of “a reader”, you know!

BTW “a reader” I hope you get better very soon. But somehow this thing keeps coming back in few weeks, like a boomerang!
Eve

Esfand` said...

:) hmmmm.... I will save this post.. and read it .. read it after the years of separation are gone by ....

Thanks~