"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

Monday, July 7, 2008

Vacations are so over rated!

So little boss does not feel good since Saturday night….close to midnight. Why is it that all “hell brakes loose" when it is close to midnight and especially when it is weekends? I wonder!

So it was the good old fever first and then in the morning the bowel went crazy and loose and good old fashion diarrhea. He is 21 months old and since the first spoon of solid that went into his mouth, I am the one that cooked for him and prepared everything myself… in last few months he is eating what all of us eat (or I better say we are eating better because of him as all his food is organic and I prepare one meal per whole family - less salt in the food, no hot spices and NO SUGARE...not yet!)….So I am sure of the fact that it is not any food poisoning or any strange and unhealthy food…but when the baby goes to playground and touches everything... let’s not forget the very much cherished way of “put hands in the mouth…especially when you show signs of teething”…well all kind of things can go in there…and then come out one way or another!

I spare you from details of how it is coming out….you can imagine any shape or color that you wish….The fever is down since last night but we are working to heal the digestive tract…the grand HWY of life!

But that is not why I came to you tonight my dear blog…I came to your doorstep because of the conversation that I had with someone today….about “Vacation”….what an incident…to constantly change colorful poopy diaper, worry about his little body’s electrolytes, try very hard to maintain calm and cool when anxiety is consuming your heart and fatigue is consuming your body head to toe… and talk about vacation!

Well someone said “OH, how I wish I could go to a vacation..., I bet you do too?” and my automatic response was “NO! I don’t!”…my friend was familiar with our last get away (just the two of us - my better half and me)…and let’s just say it was a DISASTEROUS experience top to bottom…everything went wrong one way or another…and even my very optimistic hubby can not stop laughing when I tell him “find one good thing in that whole 5 days?" - well he still says: “Come on! Even all that hellish experience was funny!! and we were togeteher...that was so sweet and nice!”….really I am not sure he is optimistic or delusional!!!!

To be totally honest the one good thing is that when all goes wrong you feel very close to the one that is going through that whole ordeal with you...so he is right, we enjoyed being closer to each other by being utterly stunned and sometimes miserable by our vacation experience...

Still...optimistic or delusional??!!!!

So being familiar with all that, my friend said: “OH, I can understand…of course you don’t want to go anywhere”…

Later I thought about my answer and I realized I did not think of my glorious disastrous vacation when I replied to her…I though of what sensation the word vacation brought to me…

The sensation was this:
Vacation is just a code word for our adicted generation to work, work and more work…a code word for “lets spend unbelievable amount of energy (even more than our daily routine of life) and do all kind of different things and just pray and hope that we will have fun and…oh ya…lets not forget lets pretend we are independently wealthy and we are not worry for the bill that we will get after we come back home….

COME ON!!!!!!! Lets admit it….the truth is most of the people need another one of those “vacations” to get over the first one….

So when did this happened? I mean am I so sleep deprived, utterly tired and unbelievably beaten up by my days and nights that can not see any rest even in a so called vacation?

Well I am!

Why to pretend otherwise?

Let’s just say at this moment in “time”, right here and now – where the heck this here and now REALLY is?! – my ideal vacation is a hotel room with a comfortable bed and a good curtain to shut the light out…and I will lie down on their good mattress – preferably with my own water pillow- and sleep for god knows how many days and nights….

Well I can dream at least that I will do that…because the reality is that my gene defect personality will not allow for me to sleep for days and days…my ultra anxious nature will not allow for me to not think of all that goes on in that busy mind of mine…and above all I WILL MISS LITTLE BOSS SO MUCH THAT MY HEART WILL YEARN FOR THE POOPY DIAPER….

Welcome to motherhood!
It is messy, it is smelly, it is energy consuming, it is like living in a fog most of the time, it is an out of this world experience, it is heavenly, it is divine…no argument there! NONE WHAT SO EVER!

Please my little boss…feel better very very very soon…Mamma misses your constant running and all the mischievous acts that come with it…

5 comments:

Nava said...

Dear MH!
I hope he gets better VERY soon...praying for him and you today :)

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Thank you my dear Nava...

Anonymous said...

Oh little boy, feel very soon very fast
Eve

Anonymous said...

My little boy (2.5) is also having diarrhea. I think it is a germ going around.
Wish you little boss a speedy recovery

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes and dear anonymous, I hope your little one gets better very soon.