"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

Thursday, September 25, 2008

A lifetime of events, a blink of my eyes!

I did not need any alarm clock to wake up much earlier than necessary!

My body’s alarm clock worked perfectly on its own. Every cell in my being remembers the exact hour and the minutes of the most important moment of my life.

I needed to be as close to him as I could physically be, exactly at those minutes. Call it mothers sentiment, call it woman’s logic of heart!

I tried very hard not to wake up my better half. I tipped toed toward little boss’s room, very aware of all the creaks and cracks sound…. walked in very slowly, breathing deep to take in his adorable smell and the peaceful energy of his room.

There, in the dark, is he… my first born baby.

Wow! In just few minutes he will be officially two years old and yet look at him… How tiny he is, this baby of mine.

As always, blankets all on one side far away from his body… his most beloved teddy bear close to his side.

I bend into his crib (as much as my growing belly allows me) and adjust his blankets and touch his hair…a gentle touch, as if only air brushed his hair.

He releases a loud and deep breath and I can see his peaceful face. My eyes can see so much better in the dark than in the light (the joke of the family) and I use this blessing right there and then to look deeply in every line of his sweet face and peaceful body.

His hair, damp with sweat - the sweat that smells like tuberose for me (and I am not kidding here. It really smells like tuberose – my favorite flower way before I had him!)….the little tiny drooling line beside his cheek….he is every inch a baby.

No matter how much he is grown up compare to two years ago…compare to that very first moment that they put his naked body on my naked belly and chest…compare to that moment that still the umbilical cord was connecting us together, one body, two souls!

My baby….my baby!

In a blink of an eye, I go back to that moment two years ago: my heart was in my throat, ready for my whole world to flip off its axis…and still I did not know what is going to happen. I was as ready as I could be for everything to change in my world, excited and totally consumed with fear and anxiety….I knew I was in for the emotional makeover of my life but as God is my witness, I never thought it will be this profound and this divine!

Becoming a mother is for many women, the time that they most mature. Suddenly the things that should have always mattered and never was in my horizon did matter…. and the things that once consumed me blew away like hot air balloon!

Two years is passed… a lifetime, a blink of an eye!

I kneeled beside his crib, put my face to its side, breath in and tried to take in every breath that comes out of his sweet body.

In this quiet and dark, he is no longer a toddler that climbs, runs, screams and throws tantrums. He is no longer the little guy that runs to mommy because of a “boo, boo” but does not have enough patience to stay still in order for me to make the “boo boo” better….He is no longer the toddler that tries to do stuff “myself, I, me”!

He is just he, my first born, my first baby, always a baby, always soft and vulnerable and in need of me, always in need of me.

I put my hand inside his crib, fingers toward his tiny hand but afraid to touch it in case it will disturb his peaceful sleep… I am thinking of that moment, the first moment of the most important encounter of my life… I looked at the clock and that is the exact moment…suddenly his fingers grab my index finger. My heart sinks in…I looked at him: he is sleeping…and yet his hand is holding mine…I am back to two years ago exactly this moment…

My baby, always my baby!


12 comments:

Shadi said...

i am sitting here, feeling very word with my heart, missing my little guy who is sleeping in his crib... going to sneak into his room and watch him

happy motherhood, happy birthday to your little boss!

Nava said...

Dear dear MH!
Happy birthday to your little boss, the big independent boy, who will always be your baby.
All my love to you and your family. May you all live happy and prosperous lives.

Anonymous said...

Dear little boss,
Happy birthday!
Hope you have a healthy, long, happy and profound life. Hope you always laugh loud and love deep.
You have the best mom in the world, always remember that!
Her post made me want to be a mother, if only I could have her feelings and emotions!
So much well prayers to you and your little brother on his way - and to your mamma and Dad.
A reader

Anonymous said...

OK mommy homeopath,
I have to officially tell you, that you HAVE TO / MUST HAVE more than two babies. People like you have to have many children. Mothers like you can make world more beautiful.

Happy birthday little boss!
You sound like a very happy, adventurous little guy. I wish you all the best in the world, all the love and joy and health.
May you have a very good sense of humor:):):)
Humor lover!

Anonymous said...

Dear mommy homeopath,
No need for me to confess that I cried ha!
But I think this post made all the mothers cry and miss their babies, always our babies.
Happy Birthday to little boss!
He is very lucky to have a mother like you, someone that feels so deep and can express it so well.
Thank you for sharing it with us.
Eve

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Dear آدم گلابی;
Thank you for your nice wishes for the little boss.
I have to confess to you. Your sentence “happy motherhood” truly touched my heart. Only a mother understands that how much the child’s birthday is about celebrating the motherhood for the woman...It is the celebration day for the child and the mother equally!

I use the same sentence for my friends' kids' b-day!

Enjoy every second with your baby. If I am not wrong, he is still less than a year old. Time flies by my cyber friend!
Thanks for visiting me

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Hi dear Nava,
Thank you for all your well wishes for the little boss - soon to be the big boss:):):)

I hope you and Mr. Alchemist are well. Enjoy life my dear friend!

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Hi A reader;
You are a nice person that wished me all these nice things. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!
I know my mamma is MY best mamma and I think I will make sure I treat all the women so nice because of having her in mind –or that is what Mamma is aiming for:):):)
Have lots of adventure kind reader!
The little boss

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Thank you dear humor lover!
That is so nice of you to stop by. Little boss and I appreciate all your kind wishes.
I also wish for him to have all the blessings including one of the best one: The nice, well groomed sense of healthy humor!
Be very happy.

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Sweet Eve,
They say mothers' tears are always ready to come...I think I know what does that mean:):)Your children are also very lucky to have such a sensitive mother.
Be happy with them and cherish every moment.
Thank you for always leaving your footprints behind in my cyber world!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I try very hard to put some feelings of mine into words; but it does not work! I feel wordless with a pile of things inside my head and heart to convey...
Now I would like to say something to best convey my happiness tward yours; but words do not work.

Happy happy birthday to the fruit of your life; to the one - I hope- will be the endless joy of your life!

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Hi Parinaz,
Well I have to say, for a person that has difficulty sometimes "to put some feelings into words", you are pretty amazing with expressing your emotions in your blog.
Yours is one of the few that I make sure to visit regularly.

Thank you for your warm wishes for the little boss and I also think he and his little brother -and if there is a divine plan for me to have more kids:):):)- will be the endless joy of my life.

Be well my cyber friend