"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remember my son...


My dear "Little Boss",

In 2 weeks you will be 2 years old. Couple of months after that you will start your “Toddler program” and while it will be only for 3 hours a day; still I am anxious for the change that you will face in your daily routine of life. It will be your first step in the type of education that your father and I chose for you. In just a few months we will welcome your new baby brother in our life…another change in your world…you will need to share your kingdome my sweet king!

So many millstones are just ahead of you….so many changes, so many new challenges and so many new rewards. Lately mamma’s nights are consumed with all these thoughts, the happiness that these changes will bring and the unknowingness of it all….

Are you ready to deal with them? Am I ready for them? And above all, how can I make the changes less shocking for you? How can I help you to adapt and move on happily? It is so important for me to make your life happy, for you to realize happiness is so precious…

I am anxious and sometimes fearful for all the known and unknown things that are in your way, and yet from the moment that you were born, one of my promises to you was to help you to fly high with freedom, courage and hope….today more than ever I have the mixture of fear and courage…this day more than any other day!

On this day seven years ago, at 8:57am, our world, the way that we knew it, changed in so many ways. This day became one of those days in the history book that people would always remember where they were and what they were doing at exactly those minutes that tragedy happened to the “free world”.

Your knowledge from that day and the events that followed it will be from history books…and yet my history books showed me that the writers are the sole owners of the authenticity of “our history”!

Things undeniably changed from this day seven years ago…for a while after that people were nicer to each other, made decisions with more humanity in heart and mind, priority in life changed and kindness came to the society.

Then time passed on and the world found itself consumed with bitterness, prejudice and fear, in a war that seems never ending and above all everyone gradually accepted a very high price on their human rights as the necessity for “safety”.

Land of the free? Not anymore
Home of the brave? I am not sure

The fear of unknown, of the evil that we do not see; the type of fear that people of Middle East live with it daily and hourly for such a long time; became part of the daily routine of many lives. The “hope” vanished from many hearts and gives its place to fear, anger and hatred.

Mothers realized that no matter what they do to make sure their babies are safe and sound, still bad things happen to very good people…still anger and hatred can destroy lives, souls and even the future of the world….

Such hopelessness can easily come to the hearts…

My dear sweet love, I look at you today and I wish I could shield you from all the heartbreaks and dangers that are ahead. But my dear son, the reality of life is that our time here is brief and some of it will be tragic. There will be sadness for which we cannot prepare ourselves, and yet we have to embrace the lessons in them. There will be fearful moments beyond imagination and yet we have to be brave.

We have to; HAVE TO my son; not give in to fear or hatred. They WILL lead us down the wrong path, a path that will take us further away from our human soul and lead us closer to our animal side.

As anxious as I am (and believe me my son I am a very anxious person), still I want to tell you to take chances. Play in the sand, even though there are some very sick people in the world that hide infected needles in children’s sandbox. Play with the mud and get dirty…look around and take it all in. LIVE my son, LIVE fully and completely…and make sure to take precautious too as I told you so many times, life is precious...your life is precious beyond belief my sweet boy.

Look both ways before you cross a street, but cross the street.

Above all my dear sweet son, make sure to be kind, forgiving, considerate, compassionate and understanding…play fair my son!

Remember, there is ALWAYS two sides to every coin….

I love you beyond words,
Mamma

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mommy Homeopath,
What a rich post. From the deep emotion to your son, to what yesterday was and what the ramification of the day became in all our lives.
Sadly that is so true. The history will be written by historian and not always in all honesty. What happened 7 years ago was truly a crime in humanity and what came after that was so much bitterness in so many souls in the world.
We did not know the fear that so many others in the world were living in and still in my opinion to deal with the fear, one can not become full of hate and bitterness
Mothers like you are the only hope, mothers that teach their children, forgiveness, understanding, kindness and fairness. and maybe one day the land of the free and the home of the brave will be again

I absolutely fell in love with the way that you said “everything” in one simple sentence:

"Remember, there are ALWAYS two sides to every coin…."

Your sons are blessed to have a wise woman like you for their mom. Please stay like this, do not allow anything to change your heart and soul.
A reader

Anonymous said...

Dear Mommy Homeopath,
I cried while I was reading your post.
I am so familiar with the fear that captured our heart after that cruel act. For such a long time, every time that my husband was going to work, I was crying my eyes out.
I still think what ever I do, how can I make sure my kids are safe. The whole infected needle in the sandbox is a good example of it. I did not allow my kids to touch the sandbox for such a long time and still I watch like hawk when they do. I am afraid of all this and so much more and I feel sometimes this whole business of be alert of all the terror makes life like a prison and maybe that is what is intended.
I cried because I felt what you mean. It is easy to become fearful and have hatred in heart.
Thank you so much for sharing such a deep, personal emotion. I truly enjoy reading your writings.
Eve

Anonymous said...

I was thinking what a good mother you are…and lucky that little boss and his bother; when one of your promises to them is to help them fly high with freedom, courage and hope! Good for them.

And I was amazingly impressed by this sentence of yours:
"Look both ways before you cross a street, but cross the street..."

Thank you dear mommy for sharing such a thoughtful letter. I will keep it in my mind and I hope someday your sons do.

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Hi "a reader",
Thank you for your nice comments.... and it felt so good that you got my POINT:

"…there are ALWAYS two sides to every coin…." :):):)
Be well

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Dear sensitive Eve,
I am SO unbelievably familiar with the fear that you described…
It takes a super human effort to not hold on tight to our loved one, to hold on and never let them even move away...and yet we do let them go because that is life and that is LOVE!
I wish you peace

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Hi Parinza,
It is my pleasure to share my thoughts and feelings with people like you...
Thank you for coming to see me
Hope you are well my cyber friend

Anonymous said...

Hi Mommy Homepath,
I read your post.That's very true we should face to the reality no matter how hard or easy,how sweet or bitter and ... is.Your message is good for everybody not only your son.I came to visit you here.
Fire