"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

Sunday, August 17, 2008

To love or to hate?!


Momma was sad in last few days. I am struggling very hard with the thought of how to teach you angels to be in love with our very beautiful ugly world.

So many times the ugliness can prevent any positive emotion toward the world that we live in and yet they are so many people that are in love with this world and when you ask them about it, they describe the world that they see through their rosy glasses...it is their version of the world, their reality which does not include the ugliness…

They say ignorance is bliss…that maybe so, but one can argue that ignorance can be a crime of conscious!

We live in a beautiful ugly world…what a paradox! Just like life itself.

While I am typing these words, think about how many war is going on simultaneously between different countries and nations; how many genocides are happening; how many children are dying from hunger; how many people are suffering from lack of freedom in all its shapes and forms; how many people are suffering from fast spreading diseases that one can argue being man made or not; how many little girls being sold for prostitution; how many fathers have to sell their kidneys so that they can use the money for their sick children; how many mothers have to travel across the world and be nanny to other people’s children in order to put food on their own children’s table; how many little girls have to be sold in very young age to marry to much older men in order to become slave to them in every means…

Watching a documentary about women in pre and post invasion in Afghanistan brought me into the state of uncontrollable sobbing and tears. Your daddy first tried very hard to calm me down and joke about all the pregnancy hormones but very soon he just looked at the TV screen with a sad look on his face and shook his head constantly.

With all these sadness, I still want you to never hate the world that we live in.

The act of “Loving”, on its own, whether it is in the shape of Eros, Philia or Agape, is one of the most beautiful scenes of our world….Just that alone, worth living…trust me!

Both time when I got pregnant, so many people told me how courageous I am for choosing to bring new lives in this world. I am not sure how much of it is the matter of courage and how much is the matter of hope.

I believe I am hopeful…Hopeful that new lives, the babies that are coming to this world, will one day make a change.

For you my son: I hope with all my heart that you become a man that respects women from all ages and backgrounds. I wish you become a man realizing that women are precious, unique and honorable. They are different from men but equal to them…after all we are all belonging to human race. I hope you become a man that doesn't hesitate to cry when it is needed and doesn't hesitate to show his love and compassion….and at the same time I hope you be courageous enough to confront evil with knowledge, wisdom and a strength that comes from humility.

And for you, my baby on your way: I am not sure you will be a boy or a girl. Either one of them is precious beyond words. I hope you become a human being that respects all beings from all backgrounds, to love life and to be a compassionate and honest adult.

And for both of you: I hope you not only become tolerant toward differences but cherish them in life…I hope you become adults that try to change our world toward more compassionate and loving place. Even if what you do will be some small tiny steps, it will be so priceless.

When my time comes to leave you, I will have such a peaceful moment if I realize that I helped you in any way in becoming kind, compassionate, considerate and honest human beings. What an easy sweet last breath that will be!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my lovely mommy homeopath;
Remember that I was one of the people who called you courageous for bringing another helpless baby to this big, big world?
Well, although I myself fear to do such thing, I extremely admire you great soul with this optimist look at the world. You are right about all those terrible facts of our world and worst of all, the vulnerable situation of the female…but I really- and from the bottom of my heart- wish that all your hopes and wishes come true someday. I hope a peaceful Earth for your kids and probably mine and all human beings who are supposed to live on it in the future.
Keep going; do not lose your faith; I still believe that someone special is looking at us from above…

Anonymous said...

Another post and another cry!
Dear Mommy homeopath,
I am also one of those people that think it takes huge courage to bring children to this world. But with the same breath, if anyone should do it, it has to be people like you.
I am not sure which documentary you saw, but I saw one recently about women in Afghanistan and it brought such a sadness to my heart – it lasted for long time. The world is going crazy and let's admit that this sentence means human being are going crazy.
I pray for all your hope to come true, for you and all these innocent souls that are coming to our world.
A reader

Anonymous said...

Dear Mommy homeopath,
To be honest with you, more than being hopeful, I am fearful for my children. In all honesty I am one of those people that rarely allow myself to see the beauty in this world and as the result I am always disgust with the ugliness that we bring to this world.
Your sentence about loving hit me hard. I need to look at my children more often and allow myself to see the beauty.

Thank you so much for this entirely emotional post
Eve

Esfand` said...

:))
the act of loving, alone in itself is worth living for... wow! well said!!

ture, at times this world doesnt even leaves us with an inkling of positive thoughts.... but yet we say this life is beautiful, just like the movie, 'life is beautiful', and as you said... this all world and this all life that we live is just worth living for those tiny moments, for those tiny moments of love when you feel complete, when you feel welcomed, warm, loved, accepted .... like the moment when your son will read this blog, the moment when your children will see how thoughtfull you were.

Dont let them miss this! Dont let them miss to see all these things the way you see it... they will discover the ugliness of this world on their own... but its mothers who show this beauty in life.... right from the start ... its this first relationship of love with our mother which is in it self a reason worth forgetting all the negative things.

I cannot even imagine this extreme act of kindness that mothers willingly do by just bringing a child to this world, let alone the following years of consistent dedication to brining them up to be responsible human beings..... I think this is a good enuff reason in it self to see this life as beautiful .... some one loves us so much to bear so much pain, and sacrifice so much from her own life!

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Sweet Parinaz,
Thank you for your comment. I do remember you mentioned to me about courage in the post announcing my baby on his/her way.

Well my dear, whatever I know about you through your wonderful blog, I can say whether you choose the path of motherhood or not, you are still both courageous and hopeful...no one can love like you and not have a lion heart and a hopeful soul...
Hope your Aug flue gets better with a blink of an eye...

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Well "a reader" of mine,
Whichever documentary you saw, I am sure it broke your heart into pieces.
The condition of women in Afghanistan is not change at all...at least in its core. Whatever the governments of different countries want to claim!!!!
To be honest with you, I sometimes think that place is what HELL must look like!

Thank you for your kind prayers.

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Dear sweet Eve,
You are such a courageous, honest and kind soul. We all need to remind ourselves of the beauties of this world....as difficult as the reminder sometimes is...
For me what works as a reminder is feeling the love that I have for people in my life...
As I said, the love on its own is worth living….

Mommy Homeopath: said...

Dear dear Esfand,
What a sensitive soul and loving heart you must have....

Without knowing you, I feel you must have felt the joy and the pain of love...both, both, both…

Only a person that felt the ebb and flow of such a powerful force can write the way that you do.
I always enjoy your soulful comments...I pray for you to feel the BLISS of love!