"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My laptop, my pillow!

Are you one of those people that get use to their own pillow? One of those that just can not get a good sleep when she/he is away and has to sleep on another "alien" pillow!

I have a friend that even takes her own pillow every time that she goes to a trip. I am one of those people that is attached to her pillow but I do not take it away with me- mostly because my laziness overcomes my desire for comfort!

I mean I like my water pillow. I can even detect a major change in my mood, with the degree of the water that I like to have in my pillow. Once in a while I want more water and once in a while I need to make it less.

My chiropractor also thinks this is a good pillow for me, considering my life long weakness in my poor neck area...

So while the case of attachment to ones pillow is very normal in our society, I came to realize I developed such an attachment as well to my own laptop...

For the last two weeks, we are away, across the country, visiting my parents while my better half has to go around for few business trips. I did not bring my laptop with me...let's face it when one is traveling with a toddler, there is absolutely NO space for anything else but many different toddler related objects...

3 sets of change of clothes - and last minute I shoved an extra T-shirt for my self because I remembered on the previous trip, Mr. Son peed on my hubby’s shirt and poor man had nothing to change to!

Well half an hour after the take off, we already had to use one of the set of clothes for little man, because he decided that he wanted Tomato juice, not from his sippy cup but from mamma's cup...

Well the punch line of the story is this: he decided he does not want to listen to mamma and there is no need to sip slowly but he just wants to gallop it all down in one big sip....and then came my loud "OH my GOD NOOOO!!!!"

Well the rest can be easily imagined....I had a little ecstatic boy, laughing his head's off, with the whole body from top to bottom in RED!
There goes the first set of extra clothes and still 4 more hours to go...and by the end of the trip I had to use another extra shirt and so on!!!!

On top of that, I had to pack many dippers (because I am so neurotic that I think what if I need more!) and related dipper changes stuff (which are so many items on their own), different first aid homeopathic remedies, all the stuff to clean his stuffy nose (the souvenir from his cold), Bottles of milk, water, sippy cups, his homemade lunch with accessories, fruits, crackers, a DVD player with couple of DVDs (the better half's idea) and couple of his favorit books and toys...That last item was totally useless considering that he really wants to play with everything that is NOT a toy!

We bought the portable DVD player the night before the trip and the hubby was so excited that this will be the jack pot....well I guess it was the jackpot for Mr. man and not for Mr. son!

The little toddler decided he liked to play with the DVD player and push all the bottoms CONSTANTLY and that watching those boring stuff is just simply BORING!

My hubby had his laptop in his computer bag and a carry on because he had a connecting flight for “back to work”….
So as you can see there was absolutely NO ROOM for my poor little laptop…

I did not think much of it first. My parents have several computers and laptops, some are from pre dinosaurs era (considering that they NEVER throw anything away- OH GOD FORBID!) and couple of computers top of the line…I think the only thing more than computer in their home is books!

I thought, “Well, no need really for my computer”….

My poor mom and dad tired so hard to make me very comfortable. They offered their laptops and desk tops, whether for me to take it anywhere in the house or be in their office and use it for as long as I want to...
The first couple of days I checked my emails, facebook, blogs…and then I start avoiding computers all together. Every other day I checked my emails and no entry in my blog or rarely checked my facebook!

WOW I realized I am just too used to my own lap top…is it possible? Really is it normal or is it one of recent additions to my never endings illogical habits?

So I decided to take a sabbatical from cyberspace…well it wasn’t so bad. It was actually nice to be able to do that. It made me realize how addicted I become to internet and what a sense of freedom it is to be able to take some time off…. In last couple of days I felt I had enough of this sabbatical and “come on big girl, don’t be just totally crazy!”…and here I am...

So dear blog, sorry for deserting you….I just miss my own “pillow”!

No comments: