"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thankful for the ordinary moments of life…

Have you ever felt that what we really do in life is to distinguish between the real from imagined?

I lead a small life, very valuable and extremely meaningful, but small. Today while I was going through same old routine of my day, I thought of the time that I planned my life very carefully to be anything but daily routine and “ordinary”. I wanted it to be a grand adventure, to go around the world week after week, to not be anywhere more than a month…to be someone very special, someone very well known in the field that I'll choose....

Looking back now, I have to say I am so thankful for the life that I have. Somewhere down the road I realized the value and depth of the routine of a daily life. I think I changed my plan gradually not because I was not brave enough for some kind of an adventurous life (although I know so well that I am NOT a brave kind of a gal!)

The reality is that “real” life happens when we are trying so hard to plan “the imaginary" life….what ends up to be is that we miss the “real” life and cry over the “imaginary” one.... and then before we know it we are on the final moment, regretting that why we did not live…DAUGH!

The reality for me is that I had the blessing of learning a very valuable lesson: that there is a value and deep meaning in a daily routine of life….that there is a happiness in the moments that we have whether they are same as the day before or different. But that happiness can come to us if and only if we want to accept it…

I came to appreciate what we commonly call “ordinary life”…there is such a beauty and grandness in the ordinary moments of life…I came to realize there is nothing “ordinary” about an “ordinary” life….

When I think about the fact that how close I came to miss all of this, I get shiver down my back…I believe I made my “ordinary life” an “extra ordinary” FOR ME and THAT is all that matters…

Today I have the unbelievable pleasure of being no one “special”, to be a common person, leading a common life…Except in one aspect: I love with all my heart and soul and I help someone becomes whoever he is going to turn out to be….if this will be the only adventure in this life time for me, then I thank divine with all my heart and soul because that is more than enough for sure….God knows it is enough lesson hidden there worth more than one life time!

2 comments:

Nava said...

Hello MH!
I have a motto, (whose copyright belongs actually to one of "Romain Rolland" characters, again, my favorite one), which I so much believe in that I can even call it my personal one as well. It's this simple : "Live life to the full extent of it."

I think the earlier one gets to this fact that "life" is nothing but all these moments and pieces of even sometimes ordinary routine, the more relieved and happy one can live. Although even this ordinary life can contain so many exciting and advantureous events, small and big ones...

Mommy Homeopath: said...

I agree with you Nava!
The truth is that my daily routine is for sure very adventures...hahhah